Friday, April 18, 2014

33 Weeks on This Roller Coaster Ride

For those of you who look to this blog for my updates, forgive me for the lack of posts the last few weeks. My hotspot ran out of data, and my husband took the computer home for a while to work on some things. But now we are back in business!

Today I am 33 weeks and 2 days. Everyday I am surprised that I am still pregnant. Even the doctors and nurses look at my belly and can't believe that I am still holding these babies in. But I'm just going to keep at it one day at a time until delivery day. The doctor decided that day would APRIL 29!! That will make me 34 weeks, 6 days. I kind of wanted to ask if we could do it on day later to make it an even 35 weeks, and a better date of the 30th, but apparently there are no openings in the OR that day. So as long as these babies don't come on their own beforehand, the 29th will be the big day. It is so nice to see an end to all of this. It has been quite an interesting pregnancy for me.

I've been in the hospital for 7 weeks now. Most of the time, I'm ok with it. I try to keep my eye on the big picture and understand that I am here for a reason - to let these kids grow. But there are days and moments when I just breakdown. The most recent was this past Wednesday. It should have been a happy day because I had made it to 33 weeks. Instead, I woke up from a rough night's sleep. I didn't have any appetite at all, and when I did eat, I felt nauseous. I was sick of the hospital food. Sick of doing NST's every day, sick of not being home with Eleanor, sick of knowing there are a million things at home I could be doing to get ready for the babies, but instead, I do nothing. I called my mom to tell her she needed to convince me to not beg the doctors to deliver me that day. After I hung up, I got my lunch tray brought in. When moving my table, my lemonade fell and completely spilled all over the place. For a second, I thought maybe I could call the nurses to tell them my water broke. I knew it wouldn't work, but that's where my mind was. One of my doctors came in unexpectedly after I cleaned up the mess. I was kind of on the verge of tears, so I had to toughen up and cover my emotions. He and his wife had triplets, and I didn't want him to see me cry and feel bad for me and deliver me. Even though I did, I knew it was smarter to keep the babies in. 

After telling him I wasn't feeling well, he decided to run some tests. Turns out my platelet count is low, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it COULD be a sign of preeclampsia. My blood pressure has also slowly been creeping up. They said if I did have it, they would move up the delivery date. So far, my labs have been stable, and they are not planning on moving my date.

I have to say, I am overwhelmed at how many people are emotionally invested in this pregnancy. One little comment about a bad day on Facebook, and I have an outpouring of messages of support and love from hundreds of people. It really does make a difference. I feel like I'm not only growing these babies for their health, or for my satisfaction, but I'm doing it for everybody who's supporting us and praying for us. I don't want to let them down! But mostly I do it for the babies.

Do you know what other date got moved up? Our moving date! We don't know exactly when it will be, but we did find out that Spencer will have to go to Virginia for 4 weeks sometime in July. That's all I'll say about that, because I really don't know how we are going to manage these babies, packing, moving, etc a month earlier than planned. I'm just not going to stress about it until the time comes.

My stomach is no longer round. It is completely morphed depending on where the babies are located.

Big Mama

32 weeks
32 weeks from behind

I have good friends who bring me acai bowls.

Keeping herself entertained during a visit.


I ask for kisses all day long just so I can see this face.

33 weeks


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are simply amazing, Stacy! Praying for you and the babies and Spencer and Eleanor too! Hang in there...they're almost here! Take care!